Industry: Financial Services
File Explorer Lightning component
File explorer helps to browse, view and download files that are uploaded in the salesforce org. This component can be added anywhere in the lightning enables org. We can browse libraries and also see files that are created by the user and shared to him.
To create a component through which a user can access file anywhere from the lightning page without going to the standard files tab.
Integration of Lightning File explorer component that helped in browsing,accessing, viewing and downloading files from anywhere.
Improved user experience as they can view and download files from anywhere that reduced time spent on task significantly.
To create a component through which a user can access file anywhere from the lightning page without going to the standard files tab. This saves time and helps the user to make decision quickly.
Lightning File explorer component provides following features:
- Browse salesforce libraries
- Access files that are shared to the user and are created by him.
- View and download files from anywhere in the lightning salesforce org.
- Supports infinite loading and works with any number of files in the org.
To fulfill the specific requirements of the user, we applied the following approach:
- Differentiated the files that are uploaded in different libraries.
- Created tab for files that are shared and owned.
- Added direct preview and download option to the user.
- Infinite scrolling functionality to work with any number of files.
File explorer lightning component provided the following benefits to the end-user:
- Access files easy from anywhere from the lightning environment.
- Preview, download and share file option.
- Add your own custom css to the table.
- Supported all types of files: images, office documents (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), PDF, ZIP, etc.
- A fast and responsive lightning component that can be added anywhere in lightning org.
- Improved user experience to view files anywhere and quickly preview and download.
- Significant reduction in time to manage task